A significantly high number of work related fatalities, injuries and illnesses were reason for concern in the early 1900’s. Fatalities, injuries and illness due to occupational reasons are an ongoing occurrence. The need to reduce these statistics has been highlighted within the macro and micro levels of operation in South Africa.
These statistics are definitely not desirable by organizations and their workforce, this course provides proper understanding on ways to unravel factors that cause potential dangers and the aim to eliminate these dangers thereby minimizing loss of workforce in the process.
1) PRELIMINARY INCIDENT INVESTIGATION
- Explaining the legal requirements for incident investigation.
- Causes & Consequences of Incidents.
- Understanding the investigation methods and be able to carry them out.
- The incident investigation process.
- Documentation required for reporting and claiming compensation.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Conduct a full investigation, with reporting, corrective action and follow up based on case studies.
|TARGET GROUP:||HSE reps, HSE committee members, union members, supervisors, management|
|COURSE OBJECTIVE:||The course explains the requirements of conducting a preliminary investigation, gathering information for the preliminary investigation as well as performing post-investigation activities.|
2) HSE INCIDENT INVESTIGATION
- Describe the basic causes of incidents in the workplace
- Prepare an investigation kit
- Identify the members of an investigation team
- Follow a systematic investigation process
- Interpreting the immediate factors & basic factors of an incident
- Analyzing the direct & indirect causes of an incident
- Analyzing the root cause of an incident
- Make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of an incident
- Reporting incidents
|TARGET GROUP:||Department managers, supervisors and investigators, Team members, SHE representatives, committee members and HSE practitioners|
|COURSE OBJECTIVE:||This course outlines a detailed but simple approach to incident investigation procedures and techniques.|