SAFETY OFFICER COURSE
Occupational Health & Safety Training (ohst) has now launched the all new safety officer course (OHSTRAC™).
Having the correct induction and understanding of basic safety is a crucial aspect for any industry. At OHST™, we have put together an effective overall health, safety and environmental basic safety awareness course which is very informational and interactive.
It meets five specific outcomes:
- Understanding of you legal liabilities as an employer.
- An easy flowing in-depth view of the Occupational Health & Safety Act no. 85 of 1993 and
- The application of this legislation and regulations in your industry.
- How to comply to this legislation as an employer.
- How to interpret, understand and management the HSE risks in your business.
OHSTRAC™ has been designed by a collective of 40 years of experience and is fit for purpose. It is cutting edge education demonstrating the understanding of compliance towards the Occupational Health & Safety Act no. 85 of 1993. Every employer operating their business in South Africa and Africa should ensure that their key HSE personnel attend this course. It is packed with theory as well as technical and practical application.
Every employer needs to understand this statute and his legal liability and responsibilities at the workplace which could lead to civil or criminal action, in breach of this statute leading to an incident at the workplace. Every employer also needs to ensure that his risk management policies and procedure are benched marked and ensure best practices. Every employer must ensure that his workplace complies with the Occupational Health & Safety Act no. 85 of 1993. OHSTRAC™ is designed to ensure that employers have full understanding of this legislation, risk management and compliance issues.
- Understanding duties and roles of the employer in accordance to the OHS Act no. 85 of 1993.
- Demonstrate knowledge on reading & interpreting SHE legislation.
- Understanding of SHE management systems.
- Legal framework, implications, liabilities & legal appointments.
- Developing method statements & written safe work procedures (risk based)
- Understanding & implementation of risk management.
- Understanding & implementation of incident prevention and administration.
- Demonstrate understanding of legal compliance at the workplace.
- Identifying relevant legislation & regulations necessary at the work place.
- Understanding environmental impacts at the workplace.
- Advise on SHE management systems of work.
|TARGET GROUP:||Management, HSE reps, Construction Safety Officers, SHEQ coordinators, Supervisors|
|COURSE OBJECTIVE:||OHSTRAC™ is designed to ensure that employers have full understanding of this legislation, risk management and compliance issues.|